Thursday, May 2, 2013

4 years ago

On April 24, 2009, I was at my brother and sister in laws when I opened my work email and saw an email from the social worker titled Profile.  It was our 18th profile that we had received talking about different children that needed families.  I remember reading it.....reading it to my sister in law.....reading it again and again.....then called hubby and asked him if he trusted me.  He responded yes, and I told him that we had received another child profile and that my gut was screaming YES and that I was going to respond yes to it.  Hubby said "fine" and never asked to see the profile.  On April 29, the social worker called to ask if we would like to come in for an interview for this little boy.  Again, I said yes.  May 5th we went for our interview.  It was a Tuesday.  Our 60 minute interview turned into a 90 minute one....with the social workers telling us we would know either way early the following week.  On May 6th we went to the Mandarin to celebrate my father's birthday.  On May 7th our social worker called to tell us we were parents.  The rest of that night is etched into my memory like it was yesterday.  On May 8th, the social worker sent us our first pictures of Adrien.
the first picture I opened of him


We had to wait until May 15th, 2009 to meet him.....it was the longest 8 days of my life.....and then we got to meet him......
The first of a million pictures together

The first father son picture

Our first family picture, May 2009, 1 year old
As we draw near his 5th birthday, I can't believe how much this child has grown.....especially in my heart.  He is my first born.....my baby is going to be 5 soon.....
May 2010, 2 years old

May 2011, 3 years old

May 2012, 4 years old


No comments:

Post a Comment