Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cousins

Growing up in a large-ish European family, my memories are filled with cousins....1st cousins, 2nd cousins and even such close family friends, we called them cousins.  
I only have 1 second cousin who was born the same year as me and we grew up together but he was more interested in playing with my brother and I was more interested in hanging out with his older brothers or his girl cousins from the other side of his family.  I know I have siblings that I love, I just never had a cousin the same age as me.  When we received Ryan's profile, I was excited for all the obvious reasons and then thought of my youngest niece.  The youngest of four beautiful girls with no cousin her own age.....Ryan and she would be perfect together!  After meeting Ryan for the first time, she was the one I thought of....I remember thinking how much they were a like (she being a few months older than him) and how much they seemed to have in common and though I was excited for all of our family to meet and get to know Ryan, I was doubly excited for Ryan to meet her....and I wasn't disappointed.  They like each other....and play with each other.....and seem to take care of each other.  If Ryan is upset, she's right there trying to help and make him feel better.  I hope they become and remain close their whole lives <3 

Ryan telling her something

Wanting to show her what he had found

Her telling him to stop

Showing me what he was up to!

Keeping a close eye on him

checking out what he's doing

Big brother coming to the rescue

Cousins!  Ryans' checking them all out to make sure they're all there!
From top to bottom, left to right: S (9), E (8), I (7), F (5), M (5), Adrien (4), R (2) and Ryan (2)

Brats....Trouble..... Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment